|Mod Included||Equivalent Exchange|
The Volcanite Amulet is an item that is included as part of the Equivalent Exchange mod. It is a powerful tool that can easily cause much destruction if not used carefully. Similar to the Evertide Amulet, the Volcanite Amulet is a more costly tool. It is multi-use items, and has many possible applications.
The Volcanite Amulet has five pertinent powers:
- Pressing "R" fires a volcanite projectile, a slow-moving lava bolt. If it comes near any water block, it will evaporate that block instantly. This function is free. If it comes in contact with the sky while raining, however, it will halt precipitation, and consume 1 redstone dust. Upon striking the ground, naturally, the Volcanite projectile will use 1 redstone dust and produce lava.
- Upon striking a foe or creature, it will set that creature on fire, doing a strong hit of fire damage and burning for an extended duration at the cost of 2 redstone dust. If the alchemist has no reagents, however, the Volcanite will do a meager single point of damage, and the fire will flicker only briefly.
- When right clicking any block face, the amulet will consume 1 redstone dust and create a block of lava. The Volcanite can also be charged to a max of 4 levels and produce a large row or column of lava, each block consuming redstone depending on how many lava blocks were created. This is useful for laying out large sections of obsidian-fodder or collecting it for geothermal generators.
- Similar to the Evertide, the Volcanite has the power to "walk on lava", and as long as it is equipped, it grants lava and fire immunity (see notes below if using Aether mod) - To go down in lava press "shift" to go up simply press "space" . It also protects you from lightning, however being struck is still a very rare occurrence.
- Whether charged or not, the Volcanite Amulet will evaporate any water close by you when you press the "C" key. Charging the Volcanite up increases the range of the water-vaporizing effect, to a maximum of a 17x17x17 cube surrounding the player. The Volcanite will literally drink your oceans.
The Volcanite Amulet can be used in place of a lava bucket in some crafting recipes, and will not be consumed.
6 x 832 (Lava Bucket) + 3 x 139,264 (Dark Matter Orb) = 422,784 EMC each.
- VERY IMPORTANT: The Ignition Ring and the Volcanite lava and fire immunities will not work with the Aether installed.
- Either item MUST be in your quick-bar to grant you lava immunity! Do not make the mistake of jumping into a pool of lava thinking it will protect you from your inventory.