|Swiftwolf's Rending Gale|
|Mod Included||Equivalent Exchange|
Swiftwolf's Rending Gale is an item that is part of the Equivalent Exchange mod. It grants the player a variety of magical powers, the most notable being the ability to fly.
All information listed here is correct with EE2, the version of Equivalent Exchange included in the Technic Pack.
fires a projectile that has various effects depending what it is aimed at.
- Firing a projectile at a mob will launch the mob into the air, which will then fall back down. This consumes 1 redstone dust (or equivalent).
- If it is raining and a projectile is fired at a mob, the mob will be hit by lightning and damaged. This consumes 2 glowstone dust (or equivalent).
- If the weather is currently a thunderstorm, 2 or 3 bolts of lightening will hit the mob. This consumes 2 glowstone dust (or equivalent).
- When fired directly into the air, the projectile will transform any rainstorm into a thunderstorm for 1 redstone dust (or equivalent).
|Ability in use||Colour of Ring|
Flying and Barrier abilities Edit
- Pressing will create an invisible barrier around the player in the shape of an 11x11x11 cube. The barrier will prevent any mobs or enemy projectiles from coming into the 11x11x11 space.
- Pressing jump twice (like in creative mode) with Swiftwolf's Rending Gale anywhere on the inventory hotbar (even non-active slot) will activate the Swiftwolf's Rending Gale's flying ability. Pressing jump twice while flying will disable flying, and flying mode on the ring. Flight will also be disabled as the player lands. While Swiftwolf's Rending Gale is in your hotbar, all fall damage is negated.
The ring will turn different colors depending on what effects are in use (see table on right).
While just one ability is in use, the ring will consume 1 redstone dust per 10 seconds, or a Klein Star point per 10 seconds (30 seconds for gunpowder, 50 seconds for glowstone dust, 2 minutes 40 seconds for Alchemical coal, 4 minutes for glowstone blocks, 5 minutes for mobius fuel, and over 20 full minutes for Aeternalis fuel.).
If both abilities are active, double the amount of fuel is used and consequently the time is cut in half.
- It appears that creating a map while using the fly ability of the ring will always create map_0, regardless of your location.
- When there is a thunderstorm (or just a normal rainstorm), if you hit a pig with the green projectile of Swiftwolf's Rending Gale, the pig will turn to several zombie pigmen instead of just one.
- When you hit a creeper with Swiftwolf's Rending Gale or a lightning, it becomes a Charged Creeper. This extra-powerful creeper has twice the explosion size when it blows up, as well as dealing more damage both to blocks and players. Note that this is the same effect as when a Creeper is hit with lightning in vanilla Minecraft.
EMC Value Edit
- Will sometimes work without fuel. (Multiplayer only, Patched)
- Ring will glow when off, or the wrong color. (Multiplayer glitch, happened in earlier versions when using the ring without fuel)