Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Solar Arrays are machines added in the Advanced Machines add-on to the core mod IndustrialCraft. The mod is created to reduce lag in worlds (if there are a lot of Solar Panels, the world can become laggy). They condense multiple Solar Panels into one block, producing more power but with smaller space requirements. These should not be connected to Tin Cable, as the cable and any others attached will melt. Medium and High-Voltage Solar Arrays should be connected to respective lower tier transformers (LV Transformers and MV Transformers) if the player wishes to connect them to conventional machines. Like the RedPower Solar Panel, these panels can transmit energy directly through themselves.
Low-Voltage Solar Array Edit
LV Solar Arrays are crafted from eight Solar Panels and an LV Transformer. They output 8 EU/t when it is sunny - the sum of the Solar Panels used to create it.
EMC Value= 40 137 or 4.90 diamonds. (Assuming you use an extractor to get the rubber) ..More than half of that comes from the iron!
- Building Materials
- 106 copper wire (104) (2 for LV Transformer) (54 copper ingots and 106 rubber)
- 48 redstone
- 40 refined iron
- 40 iron
- 32 tin
- 64 cobblestone
- 24 glass
- 24 coal dust
- 4 wooden planks
Medium-Voltage Solar Array Edit
MV Solar Arrays are crafted from eight LV Solar Arrays and an MV Transformer. They output 64 EU/t when it is sunny - the sum of the 64 Solar Panels used to create it.
EMC Value= 327 424 or 39.97 diamonds!
- Building Material
- 5 stacks of refined iron (Circuits and Generators for Solar Panels) + 8 (MV Transformer)
- 8 stacks of cobble (Furnaces for Iron Furnaces)
- 5 stacks of iron (Furnaces into Iron Furnaces
- 13 stacks + 18 copper cable (Circuits, LV Transformers, MV Transformer, RE Batteries), m/w:
- 13 stacks + 20 rubber, m/w 4 stacks + 28 of sticky resin
- 6 stacks + 42 copper
- 24 copper (LV Transformers)
- 6 stacks of redstone (RE Batteries and Circuits)
- 4 stacks of tin (RE Batteries)
- 3 stacks of coal (dust) (Solar Panels)
- 3 stacks of glass (Solar Panels)
- 32 wood planks (LV Transformers)
- 2 of 2x insulated gold cable (MV transformer), m/w:
- 1 gold ingot
- 6 rubber (m/w 2 sticky resin)
- there will be 2 of 1x insulated gold cable leftover
High-Voltage Solar Array Edit
HV Solar Arrays are crafted from eight MV Solar Arrays and an HV Transformer. They output 512 EU/t when it is sunny - the sum of the 512 Solar Panels used to create it. The total EMC of all the items needed to create this (not including everything that must be done to process the materials) is 2,732,573, which is equivalent to a bit less than 6 red matter. All materials needed to create a High-Voltage Solar Array can be created with UU-Matter, though it is extremely expensive to do so, as it takes 11839 UU-Matter to do so. That is almost 185 stacks, or two alchemical chests full of UU-Matter.
- Building Materials
+---------------+--------+----------------------+ | material | amount | Number of stacks | +---------------+--------+----------------------+ | rubber | 6810 | 106 stacks, 26 extra | | iron ingot | 5193 | 81 stacks, 9 extra | | cobblestone | 4096 | 64 stacks, 0 extra | | copper | 3597 | 56 stacks, 13 extra | | redstone dust | 3082 | 48 stacks, 10 extra | | tin | 2048 | 32 stacks, 0 extra | | coal | 1536 | 24 stacks, 0 extra | | glass | 1536 | 24 stacks, 0 extra | | wooden plank | 256 | 4 stacks, 0 extra | | diamond | 1 | 0 stacks, 1 extra | +---------------+--------+----------------------+
- Crafting via UU-Matter
Crafting using UU-Matter recepies will cost you 18879 UU-Matter. Using EE to condense the glowstone you make with UU-Matter and then condense that into the materials you need, it only takes 1334 UU-Matter.
- Crafting Steps
- Smelt all iron into refined iron.
- Macerate all coal into coal dust.
- Use all rubber and 3405 copper ingots (53 stacks, 13 extra) to make 6810 copper wire (106 stacks, 26 extra). This leaves 3 stacks of copper ingot left over.
- Use 6150 copper wire (101 stacks, 46 extra), 2050 redstone dust (32 stacks, 2 extra), and 1025 refined iron (16 stacks, 1 extra) to craft 1025 circuits (16 stacks, 1 extra). This leaves left over 660 copper wire (10 stacks, 20 extra), 1032 redstone dust (16 stacks, 8 extra), and 4168 refined iron (65 stacks, 8 extra).
- Use all refined iron to craft 521 machine blocks (8 stacks, 9 extra).
- Use all cobblestone to craft 512 furnaces (8 stacks).
- Use all tin ingots, 1024 redstone dust (16 stacks), and 512 copper wire (8 stacks) to craft 512 RE-Batteries (8 stacks, or 32 mini stacks of 16). This leaves left over 8 redstone dust, and 148 copper wire (2 stacks, 20 extra).
- Use all RE-Batteries, 512 Machine blocks (8 stacks), and all Furnaces to craft 512 generators (8 stacks). This leaves left over 9 machine blocks.
- Use all coal dust, all glass, all generators, and 1024 circuits (16 stacks) to craft 512 Solar Panels (8 stacks). This leaves 1 circuit left over.
- Use all copper ingot, all wooden planks, and 128 copper wire (2 stacks) to craft 64 LV Transformers (1 stack). This leaves left over 20 copper wire.
- Use all LV transformers and all solar panels to craft 64 low voltage solar arrays (1 stack).
- Use all machine blocks and 18 copper wire to craft 9 MV transformers. This leaves 2 copper wire left over. (Warning: some versions need gold cable instead of copper cables.)
- Use 8 MV transformers and 64 low voltage solar arrays to craft 8 medium voltage solar arrays. This leaves 1 MV transformer left over.
- Use 8 redstone dust and 1 diamond to craft 1 energy crystal.
- Use 2 copper wire, 1 circuit, 1 energy crystal, and 1 MV transfomer to craft 1 HV transformer. (Warning: some versions need 4x ins. HV cable instead of copper wire.)
- Use 1 HV transformer and 8 medium voltage solar arrays to craft 1 high voltage solar array.
If the player is unsure if their transformers are set up correctly, they can either create an EU-Reader and test cables coming from the transformer or create a low cost machine to take the output. It is also advised that primary power cables be Glass Fibre so as to prevent any problems later on when attaching Solar Arrays to these systems. If Glass Fiber Cable is unavailable, the player can instead step down the voltage through an MFSU, MFE, and transformers. Tin Cable can be used as an alternative to Glass Fiber Cable until the player has access to both Glass Fibre and Solar Arrays, as long as he only uses Solar Panels.