Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This page lists news items posted at the wiki.
- Anybody may post news items which are related to the Technic Pack, as well as the wiki itself.
- To submit news in this category, simply create a blog page and add it to Category:News
- To see the most recent news and comments, you might need to refresh this page's cache.
starting immediately, this wiki will be using the new Wikia message wall feature instead of the old talk page.
The message wall provides several advantages over the old talk page:
- When making a post, users are now asked to provide a title.
- New posts made to a users message wall will be created as a new discussion thread. Subsequent comments to that thread will be indented to the right, similar to the comment section of regular wiki articles.
- As opposed to the talk page, the accounts of users posting to a message wall are automatically linked to their profile. Formerly, if a user forgot to sign his post, you would have had to check the talk page history in order to find out who posted a comment to your talk page. Now, you can just click on the user icon instead.
If you have any additional questions about that feature, please consult this help page or post in the comments of this blog post.Read more >
Hello everyone, we have a number of new tutorials.
The first ones show you how to make use of the fabulous, under-appreciated mod Logistics Pipes. The tutorials build upon each other and will show you how to create an automatic item processing and sorting system:
- Base Management 01: Automatic Item Sorting
- Base Management 02: Automatic Item Processing
- Base Management 03: Automatic Item Crafting & Remote Ordering
Now those setups are rather bulky and take up a lot of space. Logistics Pipes features special modular pipes called "Logistics Chassis" which can be equipped with certain modules in order to combine the functionalities of several Logistics Pipes within one single chassis. If you employ a selection of different modules and chassis, you can create a very compact setup that has exactly the same functionality as the first two tutorials above:
- Base Management 00: Compact Automatic Item Sorting & Processing using Logistics Chassis
I have hence called it the "zeroth" tutorial. If you want to…
Read more >
Heya dudes. I'm going to talk about the unfinished category and banner. I'm not going to say when you should put it into a page you've created (because you should automatically put the unfinished banner in any content page you make), I'm going to tell you when you can get rid of it.
Most of the regulars should know by now that banners that show up at the top of the page (that is, the top of the content of the page, not the wikia banner) also automatically places the category that banner is showing off. So the IC2 banner will automatically add the IC2 category to it. However, removing the banner does not automatically remove the category. You have to open the "Categories" tab in the editor. It should be beneath the "Add features and media" tab in both editing types. In the Visual editor you have to click on the trash bin that appears when you highlight it, and in the Source editor, you simply have to delete the line of text that has the name of the category you want to remove.
Now, regarding t…Read more >
After the Technic Pack recently updated the recommended build to version 7.2, a lot of people have been asking about what happened to mods like Forestry, Millenaire, Crafting Table II, the Zeppelin mod or to items belonging to those mods (especially electric engines, which were reintroduced in another form by the recently added Transformers mod).
I would like to answer those questions in this blog post. Please direct all and any questions related to this issue to this post and make the other users aware of it. Thank you.
Millenaire was most probably taken out because of performance issues. Several users saw their framerate drop to less than stellar levels when being near Millenaire villages, and features like raids and wars between villages, which require constant background checks, did not improve the performance, either. The focus of the Technic Pack has always been and most probably will always be the "technical" mods like Buildcraft, Industrial Craft and Redpower, and if "secondary"…
Read more >
As the Technic Pack is now using Thaumcraft 2, we should be putting pages about Thaumcraft 2 items/features/blocks/whatever into the "Thaumcraft 2" category, not the "Thaumcraft" category. Try to remember this when making a new page about the newer version of Thaumcraft.Read more >
Due to the overwhelming popularity of this Wiki, the Wikia Development Team has decided to give your Wiki a makeover. We hope that you guys enjoy it and continue to make this Wiki an amazing place.Read more >