Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Mining Laser has several modes:
- Mining: Mines in a straight line, average power.
- Low-focus: Short Range, non-penetrating shot. Very low power.
- Long range: Long range, penetrating shot. High power.
- Scatter: Uses a lot of energy, fires 25 beams in a 5x5 Square, average power.
- Explosive: Causes the shot block to explode violently.
- Horizontal: Same as mining, but is always horizontal.
- Superheat: Smelts ores hit by Mining laser, it also turns sand to glass.
To switch modes, hold the M key and right click to cycle through the modes.
The Mining Laser can also be called more useful than a diamond tool, due to the modes and patterns. However is potentially more dangerous as lava can be exposed very easily, possibly destroying dropped materials. Also, the mining laser has a chance of destroying the block that is being mined, so it is recommended that you use a pickaxe when mining diamond or tungsten ore.
The Mining Laser must be charged before it can be used for the first time.
|Firing mode||Mode description||EU used per shot||Damage per shot||Beam travel distance||Block penetration distance|
|Mining||Normal beam, average power||1250 (160 shots)||3.5 hearts||64 blocks||6 (stone), 24 (dirt)|
|Low-Focus||Very short-range beam, small power||100 (2000 shots)||0.5 hearts||3 blocks||1 (stone), 2 (dirt)|
|Long-Range||High-powered beam, high power||5000 (40 shots)||10 hearts||64 blocks||27 (stone), 128+ (dirt)|
|Scatter||25 beams, 5x5 square formation, average power per beam||10,000 (20 shots)||2.5 hearts||64 blocks||16 (stone), 16 (dirt)|
|Explosive||The beam explodes upon touching a block||5000 (40 shots)||3.5 hearts||64 blocks||2 (stone), 5 (dirt)|
|Horizontal||The beam will travel perfectly horizontally. Presumed to be similar to mining mode.||1250 (160 shots)||3.5 hearts||64 blocks||6 (stone), 24 (dirt)|
|Super-Heat||If the target can be smelted, the smelted product will be dropped instead of the block itself (eg, hit a iron ore block and an iron ingot will drop). Works on non-vanilla items, such as Redpower Basalt cobble or Forestry tin ore. Exception for cobblestone and sand; see below.||2500 (80 shots)||Unknown||Presumed to be 64||1 (stone), 13 (dirt)|
- When using scatter mode frivolously, you may encounter a large and irrecoverable lag spike due to the large number of unstacked resource blocks appearing. You may need to try and wait the 6 minutes for the items to de-spawn, or try and leave the area to allieviate this.
How To Make And Use A Mining Laser