The Mining Laser has several modes:
- Mining: Mines in a straight line, average power.
- Low-focus: Short Range, non-penetrating shot. Very low power.
- Long range: Long range, penetrating shot. High power.
- Scatter: Uses a lot of energy, fires 25 beams in a 5x5 Square, average power.
- Explosive: Causes the shot block to explode violently.
- Horizontal: Same as mining, but is always horizontal.
- Superheat: Smelts ores hit by Mining laser, it also turns sand to glass.
To switch modes, hold the M key and right click to cycle through the modes.
The Mining Laser can also be called more useful than a diamond tool, due to the modes and patterns. However is potentially more dangerous as lava can be exposed very easily, possibly destroying dropped materials. Also, the mining laser has a chance of destroying the block that is being mined, so it is recommended that you use a pickaxe when mining diamond or tungsten ore.
The Mining Laser must be charged before it can be used for the first time.
|Firing mode||Mode description||EU used per shot||Damage per shot||Beam travel distance||Block penetration distance|
|Mining||Normal beam, average power||1250 (160 shots)||3.5 hearts||64 blocks||6 (stone), 24 (dirt)|
|Low-Focus||Very short-range beam, small power||100 (2000 shots)||0.5 hearts||3 blocks||1 (stone), 2 (dirt)|
|Long-Range||High-powered beam, high power||5000 (40 shots)||10 hearts||64 blocks||27 (stone), 128+ (dirt)|
|Scatter||25 beams, 5x5 square formation, average power per beam||10,000 (20 shots)||2.5 hearts||64 blocks||16 (stone), 16 (dirt)|
|Explosive||The beam explodes upon touching a block||5000 (40 shots)||3.5 hearts||64 blocks||2 (stone), 5 (dirt)|
|Horizontal||The beam will travel perfectly horizontally. Presumed to be similar to mining mode.||1250 (160 shots)||3.5 hearts||64 blocks||6 (stone), 24 (dirt)|
|Super-Heat||If the target can be smelted, the smelted product will be dropped instead of the block itself (eg, hit a iron ore block and an iron ingot will drop). Works on non-vanilla items, such as Redpower Basalt cobble or Forestry tin ore. Exception for cobblestone and sand; see below.||2500 (80 shots)||Unknown||Presumed to be 64||1 (stone), 13 (dirt)|
- When using scatter mode frivolously, you may encounter a large and irrecoverable lag spike due to the large number of unstacked resource blocks appearing. You may need to try and wait the 6 minutes for the items to de-spawn, or try and leave the area to allieviate this.
How To Make And Use A Mining Laser