The Diamond Drill is an upgrade to the Mining Drill. It can mine through stone, dirt, sand, and ores very fast. It can receive energy from a BatPack, LapPack. It can be charged inside of a BatBox, MFE or MFSU. It can mine obsidian much faster than a Diamond Pickaxe.
Crafting the Diamond Drill gives you the "Valuable Upgrade" achievement.
- The Diamond Drill is faster than the Mining Drill, but it uses more energy.
- If the drill runs out of power, it won't break. Instead, breaking objects with it will take a much longer time.
- If you've equipped a BatPack or LapPack this drill and the Mining Drill will deplete that power source instead.
- If the drill is not fully powered, it will not deplete your equipped BatPack or LapPack and instead continue to deplete its own internal battery.
- It mines Dirt, Sand, Clay and other soft blocks like a Dia mond Shovel.
- The Drills make a faint whirring noise when breaking a block.
- It can be used, from a full charge, 120 times.