Detectors are special Redstone blocks used in Railcraft to detect minecarts as they pass by or over them. Detectors are constructed out of various materials, which determine which kind or kinds of minecarts they react to.
When a Detector senses a minecart passing by, it will emit a Redstone signal from the red 'eye' on one of its faces. This signal can be used to operate a Switch Motor or other device to redirect or sort certain carts.
- Storage: Detects only Minecarts with Chests, otherwise known as a Storage Minecart.
- Powered: Detects Minecarts with Furnaces, otherwise known as Powered Carts.
- Any: Detects any cart, regardless of type or occupant.
- Player: Detects carts being ridden by a player.
- Empty: Detects empty carts which can be ridden by players.
- Mob: Can be crafted in two styles, and detects carts carrying enemy mobs.
- Animal: Same as the Mob Detector, but detects friendly/neutral animals instead.
- Growth: Detects carts that only have adult animals in them; young animals will not trigger it.
- Explosive: Detects TNT Carts.
- Advanced: Comes equipped with a user GUI which allows the player to set which carts the Detector can and cannot sense.
- Train: A programmable Detector which can be set to detect a particular length of train.
- Tank: Detects Tank Carts.
- Energy: Detects any of the three Energy Cart types.
Mob Detector (Alt.)
Tank Detector (BuildCraft)
Energy Detector (Industrial Craft)