Storage blocks are blocks whose primary purpose is to store an item. It is usually crafted from nine of the item (the ingot if it's a metal) and the crafting recipe can be reversed. They are occasionally used in crafting.
These recipes show the general recipe for storage blocks, and the reverse of getting the items back.
- 1 Diamond Block = 9 Diamond gems
- 1 Gold Block = 9 Gold Ingots
- 1 Iron Block = 9 Iron Ingot
- 1 Lapis Block = 9 Lapis Lazuli
Note: Melon is left off the list because it's not fully reversable, and needs to be placed and broken to retrieve the slices.
- 1 Bronze Block = 9 Bronze Ingots
- 1 Copper Block = 9 Copper Ingots
- 1 Tin Block = 9 Tin Ingots
- 1 Uranium Block = 9 Refined Uranium
Note: Some people consider the Machine Block to be a storage block for Refined Iron. However, as its main purpose is to craft machines and it only includes eight refined iron, it is not included here.
- 1 Emerald Block = 9 Emerald Gems
- 1 Ruby Block = 9 Ruby Gems
- 1 Sapphire Block = 9 Sapphire Gems Note: For some reason, silver ingots CANNOT be crafted into a silver block.
- 1 Steel Block = 9 Steel Ingots