The carpenter is an automatic crafting table used to craft specific recipes. It must be powered by a Buildcraft engine and provided with water. Items can be piped into the carpenter: cartons and crates in the top, crafting items in the sides and water into any side.
- I. Crafting Matrix - The resources needed for the recipe you want to create are added in this area. If there are enough items to craft the recipe more than once, the carpenter will automatically craft the recipe.
- II. Box Slot - Some recipes need boxes or cartons. They are placed in this slot.
- III. Water Tank - Water is placed in this area for recipes that consume water.
- IV. Product Display - If a valid recipe was placed in the crafting matrix, the result will be shown here. Also if there is only enough items in the crafting matrix to craft one item, you can press this area to force the carpenter to consume what is in the matrix.
- V. Product Slot - The final product is deposited in this area. If it is full or occupied by a different item, the carpenter will hold the finished product and stop crafting until the product slot is emptied.