The Arcane Furnace is an improved alchemical furnace added by the Thaumcraft mod.
The Arcane Furnace functions much like a regular furnace. It does however have several impressive advantages over its mundane counterpart:
- It has multiple input and output slots allowing one to queue up a lot of material to be smelted.
- It is slightly faster than a normal furnace and slightly more efficient at burning fuel.
- Fuel is only used while the furnace is in operation. If there are no available items to be smelted the current heat level is maintained and the fuel is not consumed until new items enter the input inventory.
- Fuel efficiency and duration is greatly improved.
- Smelting speed is increased.
- The furnace gains a small chance of doubling the smelting output each cycle - in other words a single piece of ore could produce two (or possibly even more) ingots.
Crafting / InfusionEdit
Further UsesEditIt is also possible to place an Arcane Furnace below a Crucible. This greatly improves the efficiency of the crucible allowing it to produce more Vis and less Taint for each item smelted. The Arcane furnace, however, will constantly consume fuel while boosting a crucible - even if the crucible is not in operation.
Applying a redstone signal to an arcane furnace causes it to stop smelting items, consuming fuel or boosting crucibles. This does not apply to redstone producing crucibles placed above them.